This is a tasty salad the whole family can enjoy! All of the ingredients are seasonal and fresh to Florida, where they can all be purchased at the Frenchtown Farmers Market.
- Arugula and Florida Berry Salad:
- 16 ounces arugula, rinsed and drained
- 1 dozen Florida strawberries, rinsed and sliced
- 1 cup Florida orange, peeled and segmented
- 8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- Candied Pecans:
- 2 cups Florida pecans
- ¾ cup natural Florida sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Pre-heat a pan on medium heat.
- Add the pecans and toast until fragrant, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add butter, sugar and salt; stir to coat.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl add arugula, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Plate the dressed arugula and evenly add the citrus and berries around the greens.
- Add the goat cheese and garnish each salad with candied pecans, serve chilled.